ARQ. PEDRO ALVARADO
Studied at the school of architecture in Universidad Intercontinental, Mexico City.
Masters degree in research, digital tools for architecture at UIC Barcelona, Spain.
Worked and researched using systems of scripting for rapid prototyping for 3d printing and high temperature ceramics CONE 9 using different techniques: burned with glass, metal, volcanic stone, etc.
Alvarado runs STUDIO 15B, an architectural practice based in San Miguel Allende, Mexico. Researched, designed and built housing, commercial and office space using strategies for design; analyzed and developed geometrical growth and forms into architecture that can respond to minimal space for human needs in accordance and contribution to environmental and social impact.
The best architecture is a tool that keeps us aware of the possibility of change in our lives, and therefore, makes us happier.
- Colegio de Arquitectos de Catalunya. Barcelona, Spain.
- 4th Biennial, Utilitarian Ceramics at Franz Mayer Museum, Mexico City.
- “Innovation and Philosophy in design” at Universidad Intercontinental, Mexico City.
- “Elegant/tech affirmations of technology”, at Instituto Tecnológico de Monterrey and Museo de Antropología e Historia, Mexico City.
- “Architecture and technology” at UNCC Charlotte. NC, USA.
- Studio Critic at Austin E. Knowlton School of Architecture at OSU. Ohio, USA.
- Genetic architectures II digital tools and organic forms, SITE BOOKS /ESARQ UIC.
- 4th Biennial, Utilitarian Ceramics. Museo Franz Mayer y Musearte.
- HDhottdog Magazine, Design and Advertising. www.hdhottdog.com
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has.